Monday, April 15, 2013

Test Looming Over Me

Yep... I have a big test today in my World Civ. class at twelve o'clock and I'm actually kinda nervous for it. Which, not to brag of anything, but that's really not normal for me because I'm always on top of things I do or have going on in class. Before college? I never had to study. However, college has opened up a whole new world of studying and test preparation for me that I'm severely not used to. Lol.

This is our second major test. The last one I made an 81 on, so that's decent... We had an essay at the end of the first one and on this one we're not having one. I think the essay was what killed me the first time which is completely not normal for me, but apparently my teacher is adamant about his dates...  :P Hopefully since this one will not have an essay and I'm pretty familiar with all of the things that will be on this test, I will make an A. Overachiever me and whatnot. Haha.

Soooo, yeah. Today was also the first day for persuasive speeches to be given. My speech date isn't until next Wednesday so I'm good, but the ones given today I had some mixed feelings about. Four people spoke today. Two of them were very well put together and had great topics. One I couldn't hear because of a very rude someone in the class was making too much noise for me to be able to hear the speaker... And the other was honestly absolutely awful. She probably failed....

Mine is on the nature vs nurture psychology argument - persuading my audience to take the nurture side - and I'm excited about it. The speech is well organized and I think it'll be really great.

Over the weekend I did a good bit of fun things. Friday I went out to eat with my dad, family, and Matt. It was really fun. We pranked my little sister at the mexican restaurant and told the people it was her birthday. They brought her fried ice cream and rubbed it all over her face. Lol!! Then I got a Nintendo 3DS, which I have been wanting for quite some time. I've been a pretty big nerd all weekend playing my Pokemon White game. Haha.

Saturday I went mud-ridding with Matt and some of our friends. It was soooo much fun. I haven't done that in a good while and I really enjoyed it. We got filthy, but it was worth it. Afterwards we ate crawfish, one of my personal favorite foods, and I had so many that my lips turned red and it looked like I was wearing lipstick, but they were great. :]

My weekend was awesome, and hopefully my week will be awesome, too. I'll probably find time at some point later in the week to blog again, so until then! :]

No comments:

Post a Comment